... is the heart of what we do; we are happiest when mending bikes.
Simply bring your bike to us anytime, we'll give you an estimate and repair it for you as quickly as we can.
To secure a same or next day turnaround*, use the Online Bookings Calendar below to book a slot in advance.
*Subject to parts availability.
Free Safety Check
For peace of mind or to determine the level of service needed we will check:
- Frame and fork condition (including seat post and stem height)
- Wheel nut or Q/R security
- Tyres (condition and pressure)
- Brakes (cables, pads, adjustments, rims & rotors)
- Gears (alignment, adjustment and wear)
- Test Ride (if safe to do so)
When there are multiple problems with your bike, or you want the peace of mind that it has been checked by a professional, a service is usually the answer. We offer three levels.
This basic level involves minor adjustments and is suitable for bikes that have been in storage for some time. We will:
- Check all fastenings for the correct torque
- Adjust all bearings where appropriate
- Check the condition of the tyres and inflate to the correct pressure
- Assess the condition of the brakes and carry our minor adjustments
- Check the transmission for wear
- Assess the condition of the gears and carry out minor adjustments
- Give recommendations for preventative work
- Test ride
This is the standard service we recommend twice a year for bikes that are used regularly. In addition to the bronze service we will:
- Replace the brake inner cables where appropriate
- Lubricate all cables
- Lubricate all transmission parts
- Check and adjust the brakes
- Check and adjust the gears
- Check transmission for wear
- Carry out minor wheel truing
This premium service is suitable for high end cycles which are used frequently. The objective is to slow down wear and tear and keep your pride and joy running smoothly. In addition to the Silver Service we will:
- Remove and ultrasonically clean all transmission parts
- Reassemble and fully lubricate
- Clean frame forks and wheels
After the frame, wheels are the most important component of your bike. Generally recommended as the first upgrade you make to a stock road bike, a quality wheelset can transform the way your bike feels. Wheel building is a speciality at SP Cycles with custom wheels hand built to the highest standards. Once you've ridden handbuilt you will never go back to factory produced wheels. Phone or visit to discuss your requirements depending on bike type, riding style, weight and budget. Everyone is different and lightest is not always best.